Thursday, January 27, 2011

Someone should have told me how hard it would be!

I wish there was a way of knowing exactly what you are in for when you first have kids. I had all these visions of what it would be like, but never really knew. I knew there would be poop and crying... but never this much! Having Caleb has been the greatest thing to happen to our little family. He reminds me everyday how important it is to be patient, which is not always the easiest thing to do. So my better late than never New Years Resolution is to be less frustrated and more patient, especially with Caleb. He will only be little for an incredibly short time, and rather than looking back with regret at the times I was impatient and easily frustrated with him, I want to be able to look back and not regret a single moment. I want to enjoy every moment I am lucky enough to have with him and Richard.

6 comments:

  1. Having a child is very hard but no one tells you these things because people wouldn't ever want to have kids! :) It's impossible to explain to someone without children the love and connection you feel for your child though. That outweighs all the tears (from your child, and you) and frustration. He won't be an infant for long, enjoy it while you can. Before you know it he'll be running around like Ben and you'll sit and think to yourself sometimes how you wish you could just cuddle with him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to remind myself that no matter what kind of day I had with C, it's what I signed up for. She is what I prayed for and hoped for. Pretty soon, they'll be upset over things we have no control over, and that will be so much harder on us.
    You're a great mom, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks guys! i love that we always have each other for support :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could help! But, all I can say is never lose those patients that you want to learn and will learn because you will need them when they become teens! Plus, being patient is a good quality!

    I wish I could be part of the support group, but 2 years will be here before we know it right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes it will Brie. You are part of the support group too. You will be a great Momma someday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katie - if you are 1/2 as good a mother as you are a person - then Caleb is one lucky boy!! Hang in there, it gets better - I promise!!!

    ReplyDelete